The Federation Type 10 Phaser was, at the time of it's development, equipped with the largest emitter available for starship use, with individual emmitters capable of directing 5.1 megawatts.[N 1] This is the type name of the phaser arrays used on the Galaxy-class,  Akira-class, Norway-class, Nebula-class, Saber-class, Soyuz-class, one type of Constitution-class variant,  Intrepid-class and Nova-class starships. The fixed phaser emitters in weapon sail towers of Deep Space 9 are also of this type. 
Federation Type 10+ Phaser is a designation used for some large dedicated planetary phaser defense emitters.[N 2] A development of the Type 10+ was included in the design of Sovereign class vessels as the Type 12 
- ↑ By comparison, the hand held Type 2 is limited to an output of 0.01 megawatts.
- ↑ According to the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, the 10+ designation was applied because the exact energy output was classified.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 DITL Phaser Pages
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sternbach, Rick and Michael Okuda. 1991. Page 123.
- ↑ Zimmerman, Herman, Rick Sternbach and Douh Drexler. 1998. Pages 151 to 155 and 157
- ↑ Lebowitz, Adam "Mojo" and Robert Bonchune. 2001. Page 56
- ↑ Lebowitz, Adam "Mojo" and Robert Bonchune. 2001. Page 36
- ↑ Zimmerman, Herman, Rick Sternbach and Douh Drexler. 1998. Pages 82 to 83
- Lebowitz, Adam "Mojo" and Robert Bonchune. Star Trek: Starship Spotter. Pocket Books. 2001.
- Sternbach, Rick and Michael Okuda. Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual. Boxtree. 1991
- Zimmerman, Herman, Rick Sternbach and Douh Drexler. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual. Pocket Books. 1998.